Saturday, December 31, 2011

Take a Cup of Kindness Yet

I suppose it's about that time for a particular stereotype of blogs to come true. The time when, as the year draws to a close, bloggers everywhere take to the keys for their 2-cents on their former 364 days. As much as I want to take this stereotype and say, "I'm not doin' that!" I'm also much like The Temptations. I ain't too proud.

The fact that I woke up on January 1, 2011 to one of my least happy days I can remember, followed by the discovery of black mold in our house on the 4th, makes me remember what little hope I initially had for this year. But while January was not the best wing in the bucket, I must say that 2011 only got better. I mean when else will I be able to say that I:

Experienced life in a hotel for one whole month.

Perfected my moving process skills, having moved 3 times.

Went to Disneyland twice in one month. (And then again a few months later..)

Made my big debut as Miss Finn, and consequently made adults in my life rest a little easier knowing I at least could have a career or whatever.

Had my first experience as a bridesmaid for one of my best friend's wedding. (And you really can't say that phrase anymore without getting the "I say a little prayer for you" jingle in your head, can you..)

Oh, and I moved to a foreign country.

With the exception of Disneyland (where I only feel perpetual happiness at the fact that I'm there) I feel like at each one of these events, I was always sort of wondering what the next event would be like. I spoke with a friend recently about this. She's been living in Asia for a year and a half, and will be moving home in June. We were talking about where we might be in a year, and how we wonder if there will ever be a time when we can say for sure that we know where we will be in one year.. But talking through this brought us to a mutual agreement to try and be where you are as best you can. Life is going to continue happening no matter what-- recognize the season you're in for what it is! So, carpe diem, live laugh love, que sera sera, smell the roses, cliche cliche etc. But really. I'm trying to be sincere.

Happy New Year, loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment