I just enjoyed the leftover Mexican food I made a couple nights ago for the fam. Thank you, McCormick Taco Seasoning packet-- Although you were seemingly the most random thing in my suitcase when I brought you over here, I'm so glad that I did.
Yesterday was extraordinarily eventful. At 6am I was awoken to a very persistent ring of my doorbell and pounding on my door. Once I realized that it was real life and not just my dream, I panicked and thought I was late to work. But when I opened the door to a pajama-wearing, messy-hair donning, full-mom-mode Peggy, it was clear that it was not me that was the problem. She requested that I get upstairs right away because they had to take Constantin to the Emergency Room. With my brain still asleep in my bed, I walked upstairs and saw my little bud standing brave in the hallway, his dad holding a bloodied towel to his face. They made it out the door in just under a minute or so (which in retrospect, I wish we could apply to the morning routine before school, I mean, now that we know it's possible and all..) and I was left with a screaming Ella in one room and a screaming Max in the other room. This very unique situation sounds like a job for technology. The very instant the TV turned on, both kids stopped crying. We laid there together, still in the dark and still wondering if we should try and go back to sleep, and watched their favorite show- Barbapapa.
Constantin came home after only about 30 minutes (guess there's not a lot of emergencies at 6am on a Friday?) No stitches were involved, and we're still not sure if he actually broke his nose, but he had a pretty good little gash that they had to glue up. Since no one saw what actually happened, the story he told the doctor was that when he was going to the bathroom he saw a spider and since his brain was also still sleeping, not only did he think he should chase the spider, but he forgot about the step up to the tile bathtub. And down went Frazier.
Sparing the particular details, the rest of the day was equally hectic. It was just... one of those days. One of those days that when I finally went to bed at 1:15am after babysitting, it felt like it'd been 72 hours since I was first woken up that morning. But I fell asleep content, knowing we really had all bonded a little bit over the exhaustion and stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment