Yesterday I wore my lime green Nikes and specifically decided to listen to Foster the People's "Pumped up Kicks" while I walked down the street. I felt nerdy and awesome all at the same time.
But enough about footwear, let's focus. This week I really for real started school! The 15 people in my class represent 9 different countries from 4 different continents. When a bunch of people from all over the world are muddled together to try and communicate in a language none of them know very well, it makes me think "Hey, that's pretty neat." This week in class I learned that there are approximately 7 ways to say "to" in German, and I'm still only 15% sure I know when to use which one.
When I was younger, it was always a tradition to take a picture outside our house on the first day of school. In elementary school this was a thing of pride. Showing off your newest outfit, flaunting the oversize bow in your hair that you thought was great but 10 years from then would say "What was my mom thinking?" etc. But from the time I was in 7th grade through my last year of high school, I would roll my eyes and reluctantly stand in the same place in front of the house, right next to the flag, year after year. As with many other things in my life, this is one of those things my parents said the "You'll thank me later"clause applied to. So now I'm saying thank you, and humbly admitting that even here, I had to take a picture on my first day of school. (Sorry dad, I'm 100% certain that this made you all weepy.)
Why yes, there ARE only 10 days till Christmas! Hot diggity!
***Update note: 10 hours later, my dad in fact emailed me and said he'd been weepy before he even read the last sentence. 3 cheers for knowing your family well!***
No comments:
Post a Comment