Recently on the bus, I took a seat towards the back, thereby looking forward at the other bus-goers. Sitting a few rows in front of me was a man, about 50 or so, and on the opposite side of the aisle from him, a younger woman with a [age undetermined] dog. The bus rolled away, the man opened his newspaper, scanned the page, turned his head towards the dog sitting across the aisle, bulged his eyes, and stuck out his tongue as far as he could. He stared at the dog for a moment, emphatically did it again, and went right back to reading his paper. The woman whose dog it was had her head turned away, and she never saw a thing-- it was strictly between this man and the random dog.
Now, as an avid-people watcher, this moment made me smile and has since stuck with me. I love when people are just so... human. It did not matter where in the world I was, or what language anyone spoke, or how old we were, or what jobs we had. It was an act of sheer human capriciousness, and I appreciated it.
Hope your halls are all quite holly-decked by now!
No comments:
Post a Comment