Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lovely weather for a sleigh ride together

IT SNOWED!!! This morning my curtains were down, and I was awake for about 40 minutes before finally noticing that overnight I'd slept my way into Narnia. I may have overreacted. There was no stopping me all day; I put my Christmas playlist on, caught snowflakes on my tongue, walked around with a cheesy smile on my face, had a snowball fight -- the works. Needless to say, my recently acquired love of living in a cold place has grown even stronger over the past several hours.


I RODE A FERRIS WHEEL ALONE!!! No.. seriously.. not just alone in my own cart... Alone on the entire thing. The ferris wheel was not actually moving when I hesitantly approached the ticket counter, but it turned out they were just waiting for a patron. And who has two thumbs and no shame? *This gal* By the time it was my turn to exit the ride, a small line of children had formed. We exchanged confused glances and with my eyes I said, "Yeah, so." It was a great way to see the parts of the city of Wiesbaden I missed from just walking around, and an even greater way to have a hearty laugh at my own expense.


GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!! The Lord has been faithful (like He always is, I never want for that to sound like it's a rare occasion..) in being so present to me since I've been here. I struggled a bit before I came here with the fact that this isn't a "mission trip" and if I'm going to move somewhere so far, then why not find a company or non-profit that I could just go with etc etc etc.. But He has been so good in revealing pieces of my "mission" here, right now. Maybe I'm not working through an organization, but I am learning so much. And it's been completely worth it.


I love everything about Christmas time. Including all several versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" I've acquired over the years. Or watching all my favorite Christmas movies. Or both of these things combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment