On one of my biweekly afternoon dates with Max this week, I ventured across town with him to the city zoo. I love zoos in general, so going with an 18-month-old only served as icing on the cake. They are just so fun to watch when they are observing.
In the past few weeks, I've tried to get the kids in the habit of saying please and thank you for everything. Max has been particularly subject to this since he is just learning to talk, and I spend the most time with him. So after every pretzel given, every apple juice requested, every toy to be brought down from the shelf, it's "Bitte" and "Danke". With that in mind, listen to Max in the video. He notices the fish eating and points to its mouth or "Mund!" When I ask him "What does the fish say?" expecting "Blub blub blub" or some other interpretation of a fish sound, Max instead says, "Danke" --because obviously even the fish should say thank you after it gets food :)
This is so freakin' cute!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute Sarah!! Dad said "she sounds so german" listening to you.
ReplyDeleteLove you soooo much!!!!
you DO sound super german!! way to go
ReplyDelete