Right now I'm stealing Starbucks internet from their outdoor seating area. I haven't bought anything yet, and I'm facing the window where I can see all the employees staring. Sorry I'm not sorry! (..But really, I'm sorry, I'm coming in to buy my iced vanilla latte right now, please don't be mad.)
Country music is good for the soul. And it's goodness is somehow increased 10-fold when the weather is nice and warm. Austin is starting to sound better and better.
A guy just came up to me to ask about the internet password and started with English right away. Ugh. So what is it? My Dakine backpack? Aviator sunglasses? Rainbow flip-flops? The fact that I'm at Starbucks? So much for blending in.
I don't know that I've done a very good job of showing everyone where I've lived all this time. So, this is my view right now:
Yes, the image is from the internet, but it's exactly what I see when I look just to the right of the Starbucks window where employees are still wondering when exactly I'm going to buy that drink...

No comments:
Post a Comment