Thursday, May 10, 2012

You should see

Yesterday it poured rain all day. And to my unabashed childish delight, thunder and lightning made several guest appearances.

Today is sunny and perfect. I went for a walk and took a mental note of how much the rain really does for plant life just in one day-- it was just so pretty.

I'm lucky enough to have a huge forest practically in my backyard, so I decided to sort of "get lost" in it. As I walked through admiring the new shades of green, I was reminded of this video that always puts things into perspective. It reminded me also to take out my headphones and just listen for a while.


Eventually I put my headphones back in and started to walk back home, when the song Stars by David Crowder Band come on shuffle. Lyrics you ask?

You should see the sun in spring
Coming out after a rain, 
Suddenly all is green
Sunshine on everything 
I can feel it now, I feel you now.


And how could such a thing, 
shine His light on me, 
and make everything beautiful?


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment