Today has been full of tradeoffs.
Earlier this morning I decided that I really need the perfect excuse to see Braveheart for the first time. So, in late June I'm going to Edinburgh, Scotland for a few days. When I tried to book my ticket, the website spit out my credit card number for seemingly no reason at all approximately 20 times and left me all red in the face. "I'll do it later! I have a bus to catch." (That's bus story foreshadowing..And also I do talk to myself.) Doing it later meant that tonight, I found a better deal, with better timing, and even an extra day in the land of people with the best accents ever. See, Gerard Butler.
I ran to the bus and made it in time, and when I went to pay, I was asked if I wanted an adult or child ticket. I was alone. The max age you can be for a child ticket is 13.... There's not really a tradeoff to this. Still just, "Really though? 13?"
I missed my connecting bus at the end of the route, cutting my time in an adorable town in half. So instead, my friend met me halfway and we hiked up a hill to a castle and climbed all the way to the tallest tower. (Insert Rapunzel joke here.) The view was amazing. A missed bus for a castle? What a not so subtle total blessing.
..Did I mention about the Scottish accents? It gets even better when talking about my beloved Pleasanton.
Why didn't you ever take me to Gay '90s Pizza??? I feel cheated out of my Pleasanton experience!
ReplyDelete