In the game of "America vs. Germany" this weekend was a bit of a close race.
Saturday:
--Stopped for a coffee in Frankfurt, they didn't take debit or credit cards: -1 Germany
--Craving a $5 footlong, which in Germany is actually a 3 Euro 6 incher, I went to Subway. They must take cards! But nope. Hope someone enjoyed my already-made turkey sandwich: -1 Germany
--Wanting some taste of America, I went straight to the movie theater and saw The Avengers in 3D: +8 America (and +3 for Robert Downey Jr.)
--The movie was screening in English: +1 Germany
--There was a 15-minute intermission that abruptly started in the middle of an intense scene: -1 Germany
--Ate a feta cheese falafel pita: +1 Germany (but really, +1 Turkey)
Sunday:
--Went to Luxembourg, Luxembourg: +10 Luxembourg
--Got there and back for only $20: +5 German public transportation
--Visited General Patton's grave at the American Military Cemetery where part of the Battle of the Bulge took place: +27 America
--Went to another country just for the day: +10 Germany's geographical location
This blogger needs a cure for writer's block and is taking suggestions. Maybe I'll just ask the 8-year-old I hang out with since she's so dang honest. Today she noticed a new shirt I bought. I asked her if she liked it, and she said, "Meh, you have better things." And speaking of vulnerability, apparently my request for keeping secret the video of my sister surprising me at the airport didn't reach all intended parties. You can now see my ridiculous emotion in action at a Facebook near you. Happy Monday, yous guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment