Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Word Processing

Somewhere between driving down the freeway listening to country music on the radio, and asking for (and getting) help in the grocery store- in English- from a friendly employee, I realized I'm really back.

It's surreal, for lack of a less cliché word, because there are times when it feels like nothing ever happened. But then I think about how still only six days ago I was 6,000 miles away in a European city that I became very familiar with, and still have people there who I care about and miss. It's a little much to process. Hopefully that will come with time and (lots of) conversation.

I find myself still using my utensils in the German style. Still trying to mentally translate every sentence out of my mouth into German. Still a little bit jet-lagged. And still in a bit of disbelief at what a whirlwind of an experience I just had.

So what's next? Well I'm quite open to suggestions. Bring it on, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment