Sunday, July 29, 2012

But here's my number

Just a couple observations before I really start:

1. I fear that it will be several years before my mind does not instantly associate the phrases "this is crazy" or "I just met you" or "call me" or "maybe" with the current ear-tingling chart topper, Call Me Maybe. I didn't realize how often these phrases come up everyday, but this song has pretty much been stuck in my head for 4 months straight.

2. Another song that I've found myself bursting out "singing" is the Olympic theme song. Yes, the instrumental one. My trumpet impersonation is pretty killer.

Okay so anyway.

On Friday morning, the Germans came to town! We had a blast eating a french toast casserole, playing pinball, and dancing like fools to the game on the Xbox Kinect. Among the more notable of their stories from their 2.5 week California vacation was the overall observation that "People in California are just so... nice. It's clear that Germans are just not as friendly." Their words not mine!


I bet it won't be more than a year and a half before I see these folks again. Who am I kidding. I just can't seem to stay away from that Europe place for very long.

Happy Olympic-watching, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment