Sunday, July 22, 2012

In the last week

Saw The Batman. Not the real one, the one on the silver screen. I was pleased with it, though I found myself wishing there were more explosions and longer blow-the-speakers-out type scenes. But, the plot kept me interested and I did have a couple "What!?" moments of shock.

Applied for a teaching (or 3) positions at my old middle school. Wait, huh? So like... ifff I get this job I'll be a teacher in less than a month? Maybe we'll meet soon, real life. Although a career spent with middle schoolers allows plenty of room for fun & crazy, with an extra emphasis on awkward & hormones. Oh I just love them!

Been housesitting for my aunt and uncle. This involves a really big house, a lot of sitting, and also 5 chickens. I'm not sure at what point I became a qualified caretaker for even 1 chicken. Let alone 5.

Getting used to driving again, and quickly remembering how not-free it is, monetarily. Gas, insurance, and car payments were not something I missed while across the pond. I'm considering going Vespa. You should wait 4-6 months before deciding if I'm kidding.

Remembering how great Pleasanton summer nights are. You just have to love that even when you come out of the movie theater at midnight, it's 75 degrees outside. (Okay you don't have to love it, but come on, don't be stubborn.)

Well loved ones, in the words of my most recent musical obsession, "keep your head up, keep your heart strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment