Procrastination seems to be a running-theme on my list of things that drive me to blog. So again, here I am with a room full of random boxes of pictures from the 90s and stuffed animals I loved 21 years ago that I'd just rather not deal with for one more minute. Plus, you all must be dying to know how my weekend in SLO went!
I believe that it is impossible not to have a fantastic weekend in the Happiest City in America. And boy did I soak up time at my favorite little Avila Beach, coffee shops galore, tri-tip sandwich goodness, and of course, the Sunset Drive-in. (Two movies for $7? It's like a time machine to the 50s.)
As great as it was to be back in SLO, I found myself thinking that I am glad I left. It's so comfortable there. So quaint. So simple. It was so hard to leave at this time last year-- that drive was one of the longest 3 hours of my life. But it will always be a place full of memories, and an excellent place to visit. For now, at this point in life, I'm pretty excited to see what other little gem cities are out there.
Also experienced my 2nd run in with Ze Germans on tour. I had to be very sly about starting conversation with them (not)-- I got a running start when I saw a guy with a German soccer jersey coming our way, and turned on a dime to face them once it was confirmed they were speaking German. By george, I will get my 10 minutes of Deutsch speaking! Sigh.
Do you ever have those days where you just want to move to Scotland? Yeah. Me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment