Friday, July 13, 2012

How's that bricklayin' coming?


Today I had to go to the DMV to get a new license since mine was stolen way back when. The wait for non-appointment holders was about 2 hours... and you all just know I didn't have an appointment. I took my seat, waited patiently, and continued to wait patiently for the duration of said 2 hours. Now.. old Sarah would have had a slightly elevated heart rate after the first 10 minutes, wondering just how long this is going to take, like OMG. I think I have hours and hours of waiting for buses and trains and planes (oh my) to thank for this newfound virtue.

I also find myself looking at/using/caring about my "smart phone" a lot less than before I left. I think I have my old-school brick of a Nokia to thank for that while in Europe-- it made calls, and had a texting feature, both of which were only used when absolutely necessary. And what else do you really need? (..What did she just say?! iPhone users be appalled!)

The joy of shopping at Target came rushing back to me, and no sooner was I checking out in line than when I heard German-speak coming from 10 feet away-- and so commenced my first German tourist run-in. It was beautiful. I decided to do the very American thing and approach them even though they were strangers. We had a nice chat and I left feeling pretty dang nostalgic... even though I've only been back for a week.

Speaking of nostalgia, this song has been a go-to anthem since about January. In this ridiculous heat, it's really nice to be reminded that January once existed and will maybe even come again one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment