Monday, April 30, 2012

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudel

Yes, yes, I know, something is different. But it was time for a change since the new season has made itself at home, and there are four tiny baby bunnies in my backyard to prove it. (They fit in the palm of my hand.. My heart might as well be a popsicle on a hot day. Melt. I'm in the process of naming them. Huh? Don't get attached? What? I can't hear you.)

This morning I shipped--via plane-- my sister back to California. It was a sad goodbye, but really, the hardest part is over-- only 8 weeks until I'll see her again! The two of us spent a wonderful week with my parents in Salzburg, Austria, which easily became one of my favorite places I have been. Among our tourist ventures was spending time 650 feet underground in old salt mines and 10,000 feet above ground on a beautiful mountainy member of the Swiss Alps. Ample time was also spent on ground level, for which my feet are still begging for mercy.

We watched The Sound of Music twice in four days, which translates to its soundtrack being stuck in your head for approximately one month thereafter. I'm not complaining. And now having visited where it was all filmed, heaven forbid someone be near me in a gazebo lest I burst out singing the verses of "I am 16 going on 17." Mark my words, it will happen.

While we tried our fair share of schnitzel and knödle, the best meal we had was an amazing bacon cheeseburger at an Irish Pub. Raise your hand if you're undeniably American (err.. and Irish.)

2 comments: