Tuesday, April 3, 2012

0.005%

I've had quite the 'wrastle in my mind about what exactly to say in this post. I'm quite certain that I cannot pretend like nothing happened and not mention that while I was at Starbucks a few days ago, my entire purse was stolen from off the chair I was actually sitting on. And while the tears accumulated within the several hours directly following said thievery could have filled your 8 suggested glasses of water per day, the past 48 hours have been nothing short of absolutely blessed. I would be a fool to not recognize the life God has given me. And an even bigger fool to ask, "Why, God, why!?" It's just not my place in this world as a human to ask that.

I'm not trying to be stoic or holier-than-thou about all this-- it admittedly sucks that it happened. But you know what? The next morning on my way to file a police report, I found 5 Euro on the ground. That was just more than enough to buy my train ticket for the day. And I thought that was a perfectly fine reason to smile. Thanks for the tip, Lord. It's about 5 Euro more than what I deserve.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing young lady and are a blessing to all of us! Thanks for sharing your life with us. Love you, Grandma S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Grandma S :) Sorry your pursue got stolen. But, seriously, you are a gem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete