Last weekend in Belgium I told my friend that I kept having daydreams about when my parents came, that they would surprise me and bring my sister with them. I brushed it off, knowing that wishful thinking wasn't going to make it come true, and it was a little cruel to myself to think about it.
Fast forward one week. The Frankfurt airport. It will always have a special place in my heart because it's the first place I was ever in Europe. But the equation goes a bit like this: If the plane that you are anxiously awaiting shows that its landed at 10:27, what time will you actually see who you're waiting for? Where Time = Taxing + Customs Line + Baggage Claim = 11:40. The waiting room was full of happy reuniting people (which was really fun to watch), and my parents finally came out of the sliding glass doors. I had rehearsed it in my head, and had decided that I was sure I wouldn't cry-- I totally had it under control. So of course I cried, and after a couple minutes of hugging my mom and dad, who tapped me on the shoulder but my little sister. What followed can only be described as pure emotional messiness. This is all on video, and I'm hoping that my dad will use discretion in showing people because I am not what some would call a "cute crier"-- But man do I love a good surprise.
So take THAT, realistic and logical part of my brain. My daydreams are doin' just fine on their own.
POST THE VIDEO!!!!
ReplyDelete