Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Big wheels keep on turnin'

Visa application: Filled out. Oh the maneuvering of paperwork to accomplish a goal!

Now- to the German Consulate in San Francisco I must go... It's been a while since I've felt this intimidated by a building. But boy am I intimidated. Apparently there is some sort of German proficiency test I have to pass. This may require somewhat of a miracle. Fortunately I love a miraculous God.

Today I found myself watching the ever-entertaining-- if for no other reason than the British woman's accent-- Supernanny. Selecting the channel was a no-brainer. It was as if my not-so-sub conscious was wanting some pointers for my upcoming endeavor. It is also an excellent show to watch if you need to be reminded of how un-creative you are. This woman is a genius with children. Who would have thought that a simple sticker book would transform an apparently-diagnosed ADHD 6-year-old into an on-task, homework-completing angel? Not to use the word "hero" too loosely here, but I am considering it.

Well, buckle down, readers. It's time to get this metaphorical ball that everyone is always talking about- rolling.

2 comments: