Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sing it proud, Tony Bennett

It is amazing to me that I do not cease thinking all day long, yet when I hit the ol' blogger it all comes to an abrupt halt - - - - - - It's as if there is some sort of block from the "train" of my thoughts to my fingers typing. Railroad needs to be built soon, lest my blog become increasingly more betrayed. But truthfully, maybe I should save the phrase "It is amazing to me" for things like biopsychology or the Northern Lights or deep fried Snickers.

Today I spent the day visting my BFF4L, Kirstie. She recently got hitched and now lives in THE City. [Extended and potentially unnecessary tangent: For some reason it really surprised me when I heard that other states also call their big cities "THE City". I could feel my overly-competitive side creep up as I thought "Pshhhhh!hh!! etc etc." I am thoroughly happy to say that that side of me is in remission, however I would still prefer not to be around if the other team is too boisterous about their victories. All this to say, THE City (the one referred to by citizens of the California East Bay) was incredible.] I went to the Palace of the Fine Arts, and the Marin Headlands. It was magical.

Ever thought about where you were one year ago? And thought "Wow so much has happened since then!" & "Wow that went by so fast!" all at the same time? And then think, "I wonder where I will be in one year from now.." & "Life is just funny."? .....Yeah, me either.

1 comment:

  1. One year ago today I was hanging out in Mexico swimming in the ocean, drinking coronas, learning about eco tourism and how to make tortillas ("wow that went by fast!"). A year from today I hope I'm doing something I love as much as I'm loving London right now. Maybe I'll be off visiting my friend (who is ending her stay in Germany) and doing some traveling together. Eh?

    Also....California has cities other than the SF. San Diego is number 8 in population. What's SF? Oh yeah number 13. Obviously more people want to live in SD, so we're better than you. Do you feel competitive now? Oh yeah, and we have better weather and better beaches. And UCSD is a better school than UCSF...ooo burrrn.

    ReplyDelete