Thursday, September 15, 2011

Be my escape

I've had several moments in the past 72 hours that have been nothing short of awe-some.

The least significant (or perhaps the most simple) of them all was this: Today I worked at both restaurants, the Italian one during lunch, and the steak one during dinner. In each shift, I served a table of people who were visiting from Germany. Because that's normal, right? That two somewhat random restaurants in Pleasanton, CA would be a destination for not 1, but again 2 traveling groups of Germans? And I would end up as their server even out of the other servers working?

Really....

I do not beg for "signs", or even really ask for them, and maybe (just maybe!) I am over-thinking it all... But amongst the other more significant events of the past few days, something little like that just gets to me. And why shouldn't it? I have had enough moments like this in my life that, when added up, I simply cannot deny the verse in that beautiful chapter of Romans; when my God is for me, then who could ever be against me? I loved having this reminder in such a simple way today.

Here's to patiently hoping for things we do not see.

1 comment: