Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I was walkin'

A few times a week, I travel to the other side of town to pick up Max, then loop back to pick up Constantin and Ella. This involves the U-bahn, 2 bus changes, a lot of walking, and all the while pushing a stroller. This also yields about two hours for just thinking and observing. Occasionally my thoughts are quite random (but only occasionally, I assure you.) . Here's a documentation of said randomness.

While waiting at the crosswalk:

I like that red and green are universally 'stop' and 'go'

It could really be disastrous if someone visited some country and crossed on a 'purple' light because they just didn't know the social norm of purple's halting implication.

I wonder who picked red to be such a negative color? Why can't green be stop? And red be go?

But no, it's negative in several cases.. even on guns, "red is dead". Maybe they made it negative for gun safety, so that phrase would rhyme?

Hey wait a tick, it rhymes in German too! "Rot ist tot"! I must blog about my findings.



I mean... right?? (Nerd alert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment