Monday, August 22, 2011

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

... is one of the best books I've read and I'm only on page 135. I recommend it whole-heartedly.

I'm back in the Nautical Bean. Just killing time with a vanilla chai before I depart back to Pleasanton. There I go again- that's the second time I've used "killing time" this weekend. The first time I used it I caught myself-- why kill time?? Do I think I have enough time in my life just to kill it off?? In conclusion, I decided I do not like this phrase.

Sitting here with a couple of my favorite women in the world, knowing that I no longer live in the same town as them, makes me hypersensitive to how content I feel in this moment. And also hyperthankful for these people (both in Nautical Bean, and beyond), who just make my heart feel safe.

In summation: Please read "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close", and beware of killing time. (I'm not sure when this blog became some sort of advice column.. Next time I will not be so Dear Abby.)

2 comments:

  1. I hope this came from MEEEEE recommending this book! Btw, I read Everything is Illuminated this year, another of JFS's book, but not as good as EL&IC, but now I can see the movie based off it with Elijah Wood. Ah..Hobbit love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did come from your recommendation! I had forgotten and then saw it on a friend's bookshelf and said, aha! I must read this! And here we are. I plan on spending the rest of the evening lost in its pages :) I'll let you know how I like it at the end.

    ReplyDelete