Today was the first day of "real" rain we've had this year. It was the kind of rain that- if you teach in a portable classroom- pounds on the roof SO hard that anyone teaching inside will have to yell over the noise. Oh wait, that's me.
Seriously though. California kids don't get the excitement of having snow days, so when you introduce torrential downpour, they CANNOT stay focused in class. It was impossible to stop the "Wowww!"s and "Dangggg!"s as I was trying to talk about the seriousness of Imperialism.
There was, however, a silver lining to these literal dark clouds. I mentioned to my students that I would be staying in my room during lunch if they were seeking shelter from the rain (since our lunch area is outside). Two hours later, I was counting 49 students packed in my class eating their lunches and talking to friends. I mentioned in this post how "that type" of thing is why I was excited to be a teacher. This was one of those types of things. I hope it rains again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment