Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Don't quote me on that

I've heard some pretty excellent quotes today. Approximately 10% of them came from my students. The remaining 90% of them came from my grandfather, but due to the content, 85% of them I shouldn't repeat on a public blog.

"Ms. Finn, will you teach Junior U.S. History next year when we're Juniors?"
"I would love to, but I don't even know for sure if I'll have a job here next year."
"Oh okay. Well if not I'll just move to Germany and you can teach me there." (Can anyone say 'Awww'?)

"Zack you look pretty tired today, is everything okay?"
"I'm pretty tired........... Call of Duty came out last night soo..." (This better not effect anyone's test grade on Thursday.) (Affect? effect? I've never been good at this one.)

"Teaching is like trying to keep 35 corks underwater at the same time." (Just brilliant)

And... the [appropriate] grandpa quotes:

"I had a headache today so I took a couple 'buffin* to make me feel better." (He means *Ibuprofen)

"So did you hear how Byber and his girlfriend broke up? I think they'll get back together." (Justin Beiber & Selena Gomez recently broke up. It obviously needed to be addressed.)

"It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a baseball bat." (Speaking directly to our pug puppy.)
I've spent the rest of the night trying to console her.

Note: My grandpa is perhaps my most loyal reader of 4th & Inches. Thanks for making me laugh so much today! Soon we'll recall this exact post and you will remember and review every detail.


BRAVE came out on dvd today. LINCOLN comes out on Friday. THANKSGIVING BREAK starts on Friday. I'm visiting SLO on Sunday. And... I still have to wait until January 13th for the next episode of Downton Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment