-- I could talk about how I finally fell victim in U-Bahn Roulette, and was issued a 40Euro fine. I had even bought a ticket that day! But not the "right" ticket. And try as I might, I couldn't talk myself out of it this time. I acted very annoyed.. and was very annoyed. But that didn't stop the guy who gave me the ticket from then asking me to coffee....Wait, huh? Yes. That happened. No. I didn't go get coffee.
-- I could also talk about how this weekend I decompressed and felt completely at peace with the decision I made about quitting. Three cheers for contentment and giant air mattresses.
-- I could talk about how on Sunday at 10am I decided I wanted to go to Munich, left at 4pm that day, then in a matter of convenience just went straight to Cologne on Tuesday, stayed in a hostel, woke up this morning and went to Düsseldorf, then came home.
But the funny thing about this all is that it's the little moments you just can't quite blog about...
It's the hour I spent in Munich sledding down a snowy hill and feeling nothing but absolute happiness. It started by us just watching some kids go down the hill on what can only be described as a small backwards shovel. We must have really looked pathetic watching them, because only a few minutes later the guy in charge asked, in so many words, if we wanted to play too. Ummmm duh!
It's the moment when I sat in my bed having finally found my hostel in Cologne, after being hopelessly lost for 45 minutes, looking down and noticing I had ketchup in my hair and thinking "Man what a day." But then getting to see the 3rd largest Cathedral in Europe.
Or the morning when I got the behind-the-scenes tour of Düsseldorf, followed by a countryside tour and stopping to feed a friend's horses. (Let the record show that it was -5.5* C in this photo! I'm getting so tough, right?)
It's the randomness of life that the past ten days or so have made me laugh about. I say: enjoy the randomness as much as possible! Enjoy it, then listen to this song.


It was just amazing to have you in Duesseldorf - even if it was just for a couple of hours...I so much enjoyed our time...and the horses miss you already...See you soon... :-)) Cecile
ReplyDelete