Sunday, July 3, 2011

The one with all the explanations.

Ahh the Nautical Bean. My most productive place of homework, thinking, journaling, people watching, eaVesdropping (NOT "easedropping"...), reading, and now, as it would seem, blogging.

The men next to me are not even trying to have a quiet conversation. Even if it's a conversation about the illegal drugs they are packing & how much gas they have siphoned recently. One of my favorite people watching games is to try and infer how people know each other and think of a story for them. The loud-mouth-men (LMM) next to me are not so complex to understand: They are two men who appreciate the other for being loud-mouthed. And also for their shared love of drugs & debauchery.

I digress...

Technically I started this blog over a year ago. But when I revisited the site to see if it could be easily picked up again, I realized that only 3 entries comprised my very poorly maintained little blog. I decided to start fresh.

So where did this "4th and inches" title come from? I spent the past hour trying to think of something worthy of being read; I tried to think of the catchiest of catchy, creative of creative, and kept coming up ever so short. 4th and inches. I'm close.. Just not quite there yet. Could this also be a deep and metaphorical comparison to my life? Wow, you catch on quick (I'm so blog-y). Life. I'm real close. Just not quite there yet. Close to figuring out what I'm doing next, close to knowing how to be a 23-year-old, close to having to buy my own health insurance (no thanks)-- close! We'll compare this blog to the huddle of a 4th and inches play-- Pushhhh forward. I am not positive that anyone will read this blog, but boy do I appreciate a good fad to latch on to.

The LMM have concluded to hang out again this week, and after a casual glance to my left and some dedicated eavesdropping, it would seem that one of them is significantly younger than the other. I fear that this is mentorship...

No comments:

Post a Comment