Okay, the line: "I'm clinging to the promise that You're not through with me yet." Complex? Meh. Profound? Maybe. But relevant and encouraging? Absolutely. He's not done with any of us yet. We're still around! There's something so overwhelmingly comforting about that. And while this line isn't scripture, I can't help but think of the "comfort" passage in 2 Corinthians Chapter 1. All this to say, I will keep clinging to the promise that as long as I'm here and around, He ain't through yet. What else do we have but eternity??
In other news for the week:
-Transformers 3 is my new favorite movie.
-Farther Along by Josh Garrels is a song everyone should listen to within the next 5 minutes. No, make it 2 minutes.
-Nearly fainted with excitement during the Harry Potter trailer.
-Concluded that if one chooses to work as a property manager, one must anticipate working with people and therefore should preferably enjoy people- mine does not.
-Have spent a significant amount of time at Avila Beach, which is my happy place.
-And, most recently, was called "a flower-child from the Haight-Ashbury days" by the owner of Upper Crust while sitting outside Nautical Bean writing this blog (which I will choose to take as a compliment.)
There is a very distinct noise that comes from the Upper Crust door when it opens. Only employees would take notice of it- as with any random noise in any place of work, or even a home- just a little high pitched noise that is a completely insignificant decibal level. But knowing that I'm leaving SLO in 22 days, and in the spirit of being sentimental, and having just heard that little noise about 50 yards away- I am going to miss it.
No comments:
Post a Comment