During this whole long Sunday, the following things have plagued me.
- All of a sudden, my body has an internal alarm clock that goes off at 5:30am-- and Saturday is no exception. And going to bed late the night before is no exception either.
- I've had coffee 4 times in the past 8 days. Before this, I hadn't had coffee since May.
- My thoughts during the day are focused solely on school, and therefore my dreams are focused solely on school... seriously, every single night.
- Side note: Teacher nightmares are the worst. They involve a lot of realistic (unlikely but plausible) scenarios of blatant student mutiny in the classroom. The worst one so far has involved me losing my "teacher voice" and not being able to get anyone to listen. The WORST.
- Yesterday I left my classroom around 7:30pm knowing I'd be coming back this morning. I had the thought of "cutting out the middle man" and just sleeping under my desk.
- What if the kids ask me about the Economic situation in Estonia?
And that's where I'll stop. Though there are about 643,005 "what if" questions to be asked, they are poison to the psyche.
The funny part about that list is that I love it all. When I meet with my colleagues to lesson plan, or see some of my old students on campus, or even just walk around campus running errands, I can feel how much I love my job. I cannot wait for the school year to start. This long Sunday has almost dwindled down to simply "Sunday". I love that being a teacher means I will always get to pick out a first day of school outfit and have that nervous anticipation in the weeks before it starts... and will always have an excuse to buy a folder with a mustache drawn on it (it's true. It happened.)
Bring it on Fall 2013! I can't wait to see what you have in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment