Wednesday, September 18, 2013

BTSN

Of all the hundreds of acronyms involved in the education system, BTSN is perhaps the most dreaded among teachers.

"Back to School Night" involves way too many adults, and way too few children. I intentionally sought a career in working with the latter, in an effort to avoid the former. Sure, adults are great. But also, they're not and they ask too many questions.

I don't have much time to write since there are only about 10 minutes left before the curtain call, and I have a little bit more worrying to do before they all show up... But I wanted to tell you, parents of the world, to be kind to your child's teachers. They are more nervous than you may realize.

Sincerely,

One of those nervous teachers

1 comment:

  1. I know this is after the fact of that dreaded day, but never be nervous around 'those' people..there is just too much to love about you that will conquer all of them! Love, Grma

    ReplyDelete