In Biblical 40-day time periods, twelve men were sent out to explore Canaan, Noah experienced more rain than the Amazon in any given April (note: that may not actually be true), and Jesus didn't eat and was tempted in the desert and came out like a boss (that's true. A BOSS.) Nothing I've done in the past 40 days is anywhere near that exciting, but there are some things worth noting for the sake of memories.
In the past 40 days....
I rode this roller-coaster and had a blast, but also had a headache by the time it ended. This made me feel old. Two-days after riding this roller-coaster, I turned 25. This confirmed that it was not just a feeling, but that I really am old.
I said goodbye to my high-schoolers. Can you identify the authority figure in this picture?
I said goodbye to my middle-schoolers. Who will probably be in my class again eventually... because I also found out that I will be working full-time next year!
I saw this mountain on our 9-hour drive to Oregon to see my brother graduate college.
I saw my brother graduate college. This made me feel old too.
We found this bizarre upside-down and headless statue-- I mean this unique and amazing piece of art... --and added a head.
I woke up to this view on Lake Oswego, Oregon. It's deceiving mainly because this was the only sun we saw for the next 3 days. This gave me enough time to read this book, which made me laugh out loud and you should read it too if you want.
I ate this VEGAN food in Portland at Jam on Hawthorne. If that's what being a vegan is all about, sign me up.
I laughed at this picture that stares at you in the bathroom in Jam on Hawthorne. The force is strong with these Vegans.
I saw this woman using a walker and wearing 6-inch heels. I felt like there was some sort of joke here, but I couldn't look away long enough to figure it out. Leave your opinions below.
We took this silly picture on the water in Portland. Also deceiving-- 5 minutes later the heavens opened and it started pouring.
We split these 4 donuts from Voodoo Doughnuts in Eugene. Ingredients included a combination of Rice Krispies, Oreos, Vanilla frosting, Bavarian cream, chocolate frosting, and peanut butter. Also, more Oreos. Also, they were warm.... Yeah...
I saw my same little brother (who I was already proud of for graduating college) become a Lieutenant in the Army. Deceiving-- I'd been crying during the ceremony.
I left on a 5am flight from OR to spend a week in the redwoods with these nine crazy 14-year-olds.
I did the canopy tours and rode seven zip-lines, the longest being 800 feet and the highest being 200 feet above ground, yielding the above view. Note: It was also raining in this photo.
We had a 400-person spontaneous epic dance party to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA.
I came home to temperatures like this. No deception here: it's really this freakin' hot.
I also bought an American flag scarf (which was among some of my best spent money in the past 40-days) and became quite addicted to this song, this song, and one that I know the lyrics to but cannot find online or on iTunes.
I'm not wishing the summer away, but as a sneak peek, this fall you will be hearing about how the learning curve of teaching 12th grade Economics is as steep as the Laffer curve that I don't know how to chart.
"Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Holy Spirit. News about him spread through the whole countryside. He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him."







Voodoo Doughnuts was the last thing I ate before I hideously injured my ankle back in 2010 or whenever.
ReplyDeleteSo technically... Voodoo doughnuts was all part of the mix leading to the calf-presses and skewed first-impressions? Full circle. Boom.
Delete