You know, like
- battery-powered candles
- a beeping noise when you forget to close that extra half-inch of the refrigerator
- (a refrigerator in the first place... bummer to be you, people from medieval times!)
- that 360 degree freeze frame thing they can do on the Olympics that makes watching gymnastics feel like you're in a Madame Tussaud's.
Am I alone on this? When the door is closing at 35 mph, and the last slivers of outside light are closing with it, all of a sudden my hands are in a Mr. Miyagi "wax-on, wax-off" routine, begging the sensor to detect my existence. And um, hello.. I came in in the first place because I needed to go to the bathroom. I don't have time for this! Like I said-- it's panic. Sometimes this only lasts a matter of seconds before you either Matrix yourself back to the door handle, or the sensor decides your performance was worth noticing, but somehow even within those few seconds you lose a little dignity.
If employees were to intentionally turn off the sensors in these public bathrooms and put an infrared camera inside, it would make for so good a show that Wheel of Fortune would finally have to surrender its 7:30pm daily slot. (But also cameras in bathrooms would absolutely result in lawsuit, so I do not condone this behavior at all.)
No comments:
Post a Comment