Packing for short trips (the ones between 2-6 days) is something I consider myself "good" at doing. But I've learned through the months that packing for a long-term trip is something I do not consider myself good at doing. And in fact, re-packing to go back home has made me hate myself a little.
Did I think winter was Germany's only season? My 13 jackets, 15 sweaters, and countless pairs of wool socks indicate: yes.
(Oh hey, 20 scarves. You were all necessary too, weren'tcha?)
And all those times I went shopping in the past 4-months for normal items to supplement my otherwise winter-wonderland-wardrobe, did I think the clothes were going to have magical invisible suitcase for which to travel across the Atlantic? All my receipts from H&M indicate: yes.
I mean, did I really think I was going to use those "US Presidents" flashcards when I put them in at the last minute in November? I wish I was joking- but yep, I brought those too.
My one big suitcase is already 5 pounds too heavy for the airline. My small suitcase, which is supposed to be a carry-on but definitely will not be, is overflowing. And my duffle bag has the potential of getting stuck in the X-ray machine.
Ummm, mommy? Can you help me pack?
Look into donating or selling some items to some arriving au pairs? I had to do that when I left Italy and then again leaving the UK. :( Also shoes are the heaviest!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love that you brought your flashcards :)