Wednesday, June 6, 2012

An Applicable Cliché

Man do I love a good roller coaster. I live for the sound of the click-click-click as you go up the steepest part of the track, just waiting to be plummeted back down and (if you're on a good one) looped around a time or two. Although most people scream or "woo!" on their ride, I tend to laugh uncontrollably. I cannot explain it, but as soon as it starts going fast.. well, I guess I just think it's hilarious.

Almost as much as roller coasters themselves, I love a good roller coaster analogy. (Say, Sarah, that was not at all blatantly obvious transitioning!) For my current chapter of life, I'm at that anticipatory "click-click-click" stage. Although I still have a couple weeks of work sprinkled in, my schedule for the next 28 days includes a trip with Leigh to Amsterdam, my birffday, a trip to Paris, a trip to Scotland, a trip to Munich, and a final day in Frankfurt before shipping off back to the US of A. And it all launches this Friday. I'm sure I will be thrown for several loops, and am even more sure that when I get to the end I will be saying, "That was it?? But it went too quickly!"

So here's to reminding myself that even though it will be sad to leave, my time spent in Germany has been a time of growing, learning, and living.

And here's to roller coasters, both analogical and physical. I hope I can always laugh through both kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment