A band with a banjo, trumpet, cello, clarinet, and drums playing merrily in an open town square.
Rows of buildings with bright colors, each one a little different.
A constant view of the castle somewhere in the skyline.
Crossing the river to further your adventure.
What is: Reasons that Prague is like Disneyland without an entrance fee.
Seriously this place was amazing. Despite the fact that some of the Czech words have not one vowel to show for, and the fact that somehow my shin splints in my left leg moved down into my foot leaving me (still) limping along cobblestoned roads, Prague was one of the best cities I've visited in Europe so far. Here's the picture that won the "Pick the most random side street and see what you find" game that I like to play:
I mean, are they serious? The only place you'll find that in the states is, again, on It's A Small World. And even that ride has less color.
Czech Republic is much friendlier than Germany. For example, the woman at the supermarket gave me eye contact. I tried Czech food-- not bad, tried the language-- all bad, and stayed with a friend from English Camp-- which I like to refer to now as the gift that keeps on giving.
Upon returning from my trip last night, I hung out with my good friend after she finally returned from her Canadian holiday (pshh). It was less than an hour later that we had booked plane tickets to Barcelona for the first weekend of February. I think the travel bug is more of a travel parasite. That's disgusting. Forget I said it. Happy birthday, Willie McCovey!
I'm so excited for you! I wish I could come along! You're going to all the places that I didn't have time for.
ReplyDelete