Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Circadian Rhythms

And so it goes. These days I guess that I allow myself to sleep only every other night. On the off nights, even if I want to go to bed, I can't. I seem to be lesson planning in 2-day blocks. This is an improvement from my first 2 weeks, where I barely slept at all, and planned in 1 day blocks. Who knows how much sleep I could be getting next week!

The other day, I had more papers & tests & projects to grade than I could bare to think about. It was so overwhelming of a feeling that I knew there was only one thing that would make me feel better-- a nice cold Hefeweizen buying a new red pen. It was like second nature when I left my house to go face the dreaded piles. There was no hesitation of where my first stop would be. Just the trusting feeling that I must have a new red pen, and I would feel better about my workload. Have to wonder just how many red pens I will buy this year.

So this is what it's come to. Writing about red pens. I think it's enough to put me right to sleep after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment