Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lord help the mister..

The 4th & Inches blog is still feeling it's way around the cave of blog-dom in a search for its niche-- an identity crisis, if you will. Temporarily, it will be an inconsistent misfit of entries. Today's topic:

Sisters.

And now for a story;

Once upon a time, I was 7 years old. Two little brothers had infiltrated my life (and consequently my toys and hobbies). I prayed and prayed for a baby sister. When my mom told us she was preggers again, she also told us the gender would be a surprise. I didn't mind it at all. I knew for a fact that there was a baby sister in there. God just wouldn't do that to me. A 3rd brother?? When people asked my mom what she was having, I would confidently reply "It's my sister! God told me." Fearing for my mental health if it turned out to be a boy, my parents decided to find out after all. I'll never forget the day we found out.

I rejoiced and ran laps around the doctor's office. And my brothers... Well, my brothers cried their eyes out in disappointment. (We still laugh about that.)

This weekend baby sister had Homecoming. I loved her even more than when she was born.





Getting sentimental about my family before I leave.. Is it that obvious?

No comments:

Post a Comment