Anyway. After awaking from a refreshing 10-hour slumber, this morning I made it my goal to leave Pleasanton for a certain number of hours, drive to a town close to the beach, find the most adorable (read: hipster) coffee shop I could, and just exist there for a while. My friend Melissa was also open for a spontaneous adventure, so an hour later, here's where we ended up:

The Abbey in Santa Cruz is a coffee shop ministry attached to an old brick church called Vintage Faith. (Melissa and I have made our fair share of snarky comments about what having "vintage" faith could possibly mean, mainly because we've been influenced by these videos: Hilarious part one and part two.) Their vanilla chai exceeded expectations, and I had a turkey cranberry panini that was a wonderful tease for what our upcoming Thanksgiving will hold. These things, combined with a good book, a pen, and an epic Pandora station, have made this day one for the books. Plus, we topped off the day with a brief stop in the tide pools. Here is a real-life "Look what I found!" candid shot:



No comments:
Post a Comment