As the saying goes, "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life."
I feel that I have yet to "work" as a teacher. Yes, I have spent countless hours with a red pen in my hand and drank countless Starbuck's lattes while lesson planning, but I would be a lyin' fool if I said I didn't love every minute. Plus the day I got to watch the kids make trenches out of their desks while war noises blared through the classroom was just one of the best days ever.
The kids have recently decided that at completely unexpected moments, I'm a worthy recipient to practice their cheesy pick-up lines on. While this sounds uncomfortable, please remember that at one time you also were 15 and did things that didn't make sense. They are just so dang sneaky about it. I walk right into it every time. So far the winning line has been: "Ms. Finn do you have a bandaid?" "Yes, but what happened?" "Oh, I just scraped my knee when I fell for you." Classic.
In the past couple months (sorry for my extended absence, loyal readers!) I have gone bowling a lot (and done well only twice), celebrated Abraham Lincoln's birthday (the big 2-0-4!), became an iPhone owner (and consequently an addict), and enjoyed several glasses of Fireball whiskey (not all at one time.)
This post- though uninspired- has been long overdue. More to come sooner than later.

No comments:
Post a Comment